Located at 10273 Uppers Lane, Niagara Falls ON, Walker's Field is the principle flying location for the NRMFC. With a well maintained runway 165 meters long by 35 meters wide and an unobstructed fly over area of approximitly 40 acres our flying site is an ideal location to fly most RC model aircraft.
The Niagara Region Model Flying Club Inc.
Walker's Field Rules
Revised: March 2023.
A printable version of these rules may be found HERE
- Radio control (RPAS) flying only is permitted.
- All members shall, accompany guests at all times, and ensure the club and MAAC safety codes are followed. A maximum of three guest visits per membership year will be permitted. (Invitational fly-ins not included)
- All members shall have proof of current club and M.A.A.C. memberships and a minimum CARS part 9 Basic License available when flying at NRMFC sites. Members will be solely, and completely responsible with regard to C.A.R.S licensing maintenance and documentation, NRMFC accepts no liability, or responsibility
- Mufflers shall be installed on all internal combustion engines over 0.052 cu. in.
- NRMFC no longer supports the use of older base stations, members shall use 2.4 Ghz or newer radios systems.
- No members shall taxi an RPAS aircraft in the pit area, or pits side of the “Pilot” line. Aircraft shall remain physically in control and/or restrained in these areas at all times.
- All members shall operate their RPAS within registered Fly/No Fly zones only. See diagram: (At the bottom of this list )
- All members shall operate their RPAS from the designated pilot stations as indicated on the diagram below.
- All members shall, familiarize themselves with, and shall abide by the club etiquette document available on request, and which can be found HERE .
- An approved club instructor must check out all new members, and members who’s MAAC membership had lapsed for 1 or more years, using the RPAS competency process as required by MAAC
- Students, or members who’s MAAC wing proficiency has been downgraded to “Student”, may only fly with an approved club instructor using a buddy box until they have met MAAC proficiency requirements. And comply with item 3.
- Members shall at all times be familiar with and strictly adhere to the M.A.A.C. safety code, and CARS part 9 Regulations (Links found at www.maac.ca)