Located at 10273 Uppers Lane, Niagara Falls ON, Walker's Field is the principle flying location for the NRMFC. With a well maintained runway 165 meters long by 35 meters wide and an unobstructed fly over area of approximitly 40 acres our flying site is an ideal location to fly most RC model aircraft.
The Niagara Region Model Flying Club Inc.
Revised: January 2021
- Radio control flying only is permitted. (From time to time a special vote at a general membership meeting may provide occasional exceptions for other types of flying).
- A club member must accompany guests at all times, and ensure the club rules are followed. A guest is a person who has not been a member of the NRMFC for one year. A maximum of three guest visits per membership year will be permitted. (Invitational fly-ins not included)
- All fliers must have the current club and M.A.A.C. membership cards available when flying.
- Mufflers are required on all engines over 0.052 cu. in.
- Channel identification is required on all 72 MHz transmitter antennas.
- If transmitting on 72 MHz, a frequency pin clearly showing the flier’s frequency channel and name must be in place on the frequency board whenever a transmitter is turned on. When the transmitter is not in use, the frequency clip must be removed from the frequency board.
- Frequency pins must only cover the frequency in use, which means that all transmitters must transmit narrow band or 2.4 GHz.
- No taxiing in the pit area. No flying over the pit, spectator or parking areas.
- In consideration of our neighbours, no running of internal combustion engines, or louder electrics is permitted before 9:00 am. Pilots should make every effort to conduct their activities to show regard for all of our neighbours’ whenever possible with regard to general peaceful enjoyment.
- With the exception of unplanned fly-a-ways flying is only permitted within the flying area specified on the official field layout as it is registered with MAAC.
- Members must familiarize themselves with, and abide by the club etiquette document available on request, and which can be found at www.nrmfc.ca .
- An approved club instructor must check out all new members claiming to have their wings before they will be allowed to fly on their own. The former is not necessary if the new candidate member’s MAAC records (Card) indicate appropriate wings ratings.
- Students (without wings certification) may only fly with an approved club instructor using a buddy box (if applicable) until they have met wings requirements as outlined in the training manual.
- Members when flying, must have their MAAC card available.
- Members will also become familiar with and adhere to the M.A.A.C. safety code. (Found at maac.ca)